Christy and her husband took over the family painting company after her husband’s father passed away suddenly. Once a lucrative business, the company fell on hard times with the troubled economy. Christy, her husband, young daughter and mother-in-law are trying to keep up on bills, but are struggling to put food on the table. They’re currently waiting for food stamps and are trading services for painting as a creative way to make ends meet. Simply going out for painting bids is difficult with the price of gas. They’re having a baby any day and worry about how they’re going to manage all that life is throwing at them. Christy relies on a local food pantry to ease worries about feeding her family and is grateful for the help. This family resides in the 7th wealthiest county in the nation. Imagine that.
Already registered? Sign in
- Holiday Meal Planning on a Budget
- Holiday Volunteering: Serve Your Community This Holiday Season
- Top Ways to Support Food Banks this Holiday Season
- Providing Neighbors Culturally Responsive Foods and Choice
- New Partnership with Denver Broncos Foundation and Centura Health Helps Address Food Insecurity in Denver