Schedule & Tasks
Volunteer shifts are offered at our Main Facility: Monday – Saturday 8:45 am until Noon and 12:15 pm until 3:30 pm and the third Saturday of each month from 8:30 am until 12:30 pm; and select days at our Nome Facility: from 12:15 p.m. until 3:30 pm.
Most of our volunteer opportunities take place in an active warehouse setting. Many (not all) of our opportunities require the ability to move freely, stand and walk for long periods of time, bend, reach, and lift up to 30 pounds. Please notify a Volunteer Coordinator if there are any limitations (physical or developmental) that we should be aware of, so we can best accommodate you.
FBR’s needs change on a daily basis so we place volunteers in areas as needed to ensure we are effectively fulfilling our mission.
Main Facility – 10700 E. 45th Ave. Denver, CO 80239; Parking is located on the south side of the building
Nome Facility – 3900 Nome St. Unit T, Denver, CO 80239; Parking is located on the south side of the lot, along the fence.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old (accompanied by an adult) or 16 years old to volunteer on their own. Volunteers must be 18 years old or older to volunteer in our kitchen. Prior authorization is required by the Volunteer Department for younger volunteers. We do not offer childcare at any of our sites.
How to Get Started as a New Volunteer
Step 1: Complete a Volunteer Profile
- If you are registering on behalf of your family, you must complete a separate profile for each family member. Individuals under age 17 will need a waiver signed by a parent/guardian. You may use the same email address for multiple family members but it cannot be used as a username.
Step 2: Schedule your first volunteer shift
- View the calendar of open shifts to sign up for an opportunity. You may alternate between list or calendar view.
- Click on a particular date to view a list of available shifts and tasks.
- To commit to a shift, click the “Sign Up” button.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your selected shift and location.