Rita’s fiance passed away last June. And she lost her job shortly after. She and her four children have been trying to make ends meet ever since. Rita lost her car and she couldn’t keep up with utilities, rent, gas…you get the drill. She’s been on hold for receiving food stamps for months, so she comes to a local pantry for food and clothing for the kids. And for a sense of family. They try to make it without asking for help, but that’s been pretty tough lately. But she smiles and laughs. And she makes it work for the sake of her family.
Already registered? Sign in
- Holiday Meal Planning on a Budget
- Holiday Volunteering: Serve Your Community This Holiday Season
- Top Ways to Support Food Banks this Holiday Season
- Providing Neighbors Culturally Responsive Foods and Choice
- New Partnership with Denver Broncos Foundation and Centura Health Helps Address Food Insecurity in Denver