Food Bank of the Rockies is a GREAT place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a nourishing work environment with paid time off, health, dental and 401K benefits. When we have available positions, they are posted below. Email resume to Human Resources Director Cathy Brown, email@example.com
Reports to: Nutrition Network Division Manager
Department: Culinary Services Manager
Salary Range/Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Frequency of Pay: Bi-Weekly
Base Wages Paid: $10.92hr – $16.38hr
Coordinates all activities in kitchen and prepare food according to industry standards for proper product handling, storage, sanitation requirements. Responsible for the inventory levels and controls and maintenance of all production and work records associated with those functions. Utilizes volunteers to prepare food daily & train regarding health & safety standards and maintains cooperative & cordial relations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Under supervision of Executive Chef, assists in preparation of all Kids Cafe meals (up to 2500/day) with adherence to industry standards for proper product handling.
Trains and oversees volunteers in all aspects of kitchen activities:
- Sanitation Standards
- Food Industry regulations
- Product handling
- Food Storage
Food and Supplies
- Maintain production and work records
- Maintain running inventory of food and supplies
- Inventory Control
- Puts away orders
- Check quantity and quality of received supplies.
- Estimate materials and/or labor requirements
- Inspect facilities and/or equipment for regulatory compliance and safety
Other Duties as assigned and/or delegated
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in an oral and written manner
- Tactful and diplomatic manner in dealing with people
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Familiar with Food Safety & Handling Regulations
- Must demonstrate ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with computer and ability to work with internal programs
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods, lift 50lbs. frequently, bending, and twisting at the waist.
Education and Experience
- Five years’ experience as a cook preferred
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers preferred.
- Experience with large quantity cooking and commercial kitchens
Email resume to Human Resources Director Cathy Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org