You can be a hunger hero
At Food Bank of the Rockies, we believe everyone deserves to thrive. We invite you to join us in providing hope for our neighbors in need.
Please note: We place volunteers in different areas because our needs change daily. Not all opportunities are available every day at every branch. We appreciate your flexibility to volunteer where you and/or your group can help us the most.
We need volunteers all year long. Our shifts are Monday – Friday; 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 12 – 3:30 p.m. Flexible shifts are available with approval.
Warehouse Help pull and build orders in the warehouse; inspect, clean, sort, and repack perishable and non-perishable grocery items for distribution; assist partner agencies with loading; or making snacks from fresh produce in the Dehydrator Room. Most areas require the ability to move freely and lift up to 30 pounds.
Most of our volunteer opportunities take place in an active warehouse setting. Many (not all) of our opportunities require the ability to move freely, stand and walk for long periods of time, bend, reach, and lift up to 30 pounds. Please notify our team if there are any limitations (physical or developmental) that we should be aware of, so we can best accommodate you. FBR’s needs change on a daily basis so we place volunteers in areas as needed to ensure we are effectively fulfilling our mission.
Age Eligibility: Volunteers must be at least 14 years old (accompanied by an adult) or 16 years old to volunteer on their own. Volunteers must be 18 years old or older to volunteer in our kitchen. Prior authorization is required by the Volunteer Department for younger volunteers. We do not offer childcare at any of our sites.
Chaperone Policy: We ask that groups to follow the 1:5 ratio (adult to children) as best as possible to ensure the group has adequate adult supervision on hand and for your safety since our tasks do occur within a warehouse setting.
How to Get Started as a New Volunteer
Step 1: Complete a Volunteer Profile
- If you are registering on behalf of your family, you must complete a separate profile for each family member. Individuals under age 17 will need a waiver signed by a parent/guardian. You must use the same email address for multiple family members but it cannot be used as a username.
Step 2: Schedule your first volunteer shift
- View the calendar of open shifts to sign up for an opportunity. You may alternate between list or calendar view.
- Click on a particular date to view a list of available shifts and tasks.
- To commit to a shift, click the “Sign Up” button.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your selected shift and location.