1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic powder and cook for another minute.
3. Add pinto beans, broth, chili powder, cumin, and oregano to the pan and stir. Let mixture come to a simmer, then remove from heat.
4. Use a fork or potato masher to mash beans to desired consistency. Stir in lime juice.
5. Spread bean mixture into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve warm with tortilla chips and desired fresh toppings, such as green onion, cilantro, avocado, or tomato.
Adapted From: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/refried-beans/