If you’ve already given, thank you! If you haven’t or want to share a little more before the New Year begins, here’s some inspiration for you!
1. Your donation is tax deductible.
2. 96 cents of every dollar we receive goes to food distribution.
3. We’re BBB accredited.
4. We’ve received a 4-star (highest) rating from Charity Navigator for 5 consecutive years (only 4% of charities can claim this distinction.)
5. 1 in 7 people in the area we serve are struggling to put food on the table.
6. Nearly 1 in 4 kids live in food insecure households.
7. Through Denver’s Table Food Rescue program, we saved 9.7 million pounds of nutritious food from ending up in a landfill and instead, landing on plates of hungry people.
8. FBR mobile pantry sites throughout metro Denver and in rural Colorado in fiscal 2014, distributed enough nutritious food for more than 3 million meals.
9. Every Monday – Friday during the school year, more than 2,600 kids across our service area will sit down to healthy dinners through our Kids Cafe program. Even more will enjoy a healthy lunch during summer break.
10. 4,800 needy kids will take home weekend food through our Totes of Hope™ Children program and 800 kids will receive healthy daily snacks through our After School Snacks program.
11. 1,000 low-income seniors will receive monthly food through our Totes of Hope™ Seniors and 9,000 seniors will receive USDA food boxes, distributed through FBR.
12. More than 800 hunger relief agencies (pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, etc…) depend on FBR for an average of 61% of all the food they distribute to their clients.
13. Families like Colin’s, Beverly’s and Mark’s would go hungry without food provided through FBR, our programs and our partner agencies. Read their stories on our blog.
14. Hunger Knows No Season. Your gift today will make a HUGE difference to hungry men, women and children in our community, all year long!