I’m enjoying the last days of summer outdoors in our beautiful state, knowing soon it will be fall and before we know it, winter. As you enjoy the last few weeks of summer, please remember Hunger Action Month this September. If you’re one of the lucky ones, you only think about hunger when you read our newsletters or see a report on TV. But for those who aren’t so lucky, thinking about hunger could happen daily. 1 in 7 Coloradans are struggling with food insecurity and 1 in 4 children live in these households. They need our help. That’s why Food Bank of the Rockies is joining our fellow Feeding America food banks across the state and around the country to take action because we all believe no one should go hungry. Can you join us?
- Visit our Hunger Action Month section on our webpage and learn 30 ways you can fight hunger in 30 days.
- Run or walk in our Panerathon 5 & 10K.
- Sign up to receive our email newsletter and events notices.
- Like us on Facebook. Retweet, share and participate on Twitter , Linked In, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media sites.
- Tell your friends. Tell your neighbors. And if you learn they are part of the 1 in 7 struggling, please send them to us for a referral for food assistance.
- Volunteer – September is a slower month for volunteers, but we’re still fighting hunger all month.
- Contribute – this month you’ll receive our free downloadable cookbook, the 2014 Orange Cookbook as a Thank-You for financial gifts of all sizes.
- Teach a child about hunger through our Kung Food Fighters® Kids Club. Come up with your own way to take action. We’re counting on you.
Together, we can solve hunger. Your support and action are much appreciated this September and all year long. Warm regards, Kevin