On Tuesday, August 10th at 10:30 a.m., Smithfield and the United Food and Commercial Workers Union delivered 150 thousand servings of protein (a truck load of frozen pork) to FBR as a continuation of its ‘Feeding The Hungry’ coast-to-coast tour to donate a total of nearly 20 million servings of protein over the next three years to Feeding America food banks. Smithfield’s longstanding retail partner, Safeway, and a dedicated supporter of FBR, also participated in the program.
A Truckload of Hope
- Discovering Friendship While Volunteering: Meet Margaret and Debbie
- Filling the Gaps Post-COVID with the new FRESH Program
- The Pandemic May Be Waning, but Food Insecurity Remains
- Nourishing Body and Heart with Familiar Foods Through the Culturally Responsive Food Initiative
- Meet Kate Budd, Food Bank of the Rockies’ Mobile Pantries Representative