When Kian first volunteered at FBR with his school, he enjoyed it so much, he convinced his mom to let him come help the food bank on a permanent basis. He even promised to complete his homework each afternoon before volunteering. We know when 14 year old Kian arrives on Tuesday evenings because he lights up the warehouse with his big smile and the constant skip in his step. He’s always ready and willing to help agencies fill their orders and any other task asked of him. 9NEWS agreed with us when we nominated him for their 9 Kids Who Care awards and they chose him as one of their winners for 2009. Congrats Kian and thanks for your dedication to fighting hunger and feeding hope!
A Kid Who Cares
- Discovering Friendship While Volunteering: Meet Margaret and Debbie
- Filling the Gaps Post-COVID with the new FRESH Program
- The Pandemic May Be Waning, but Food Insecurity Remains
- Nourishing Body and Heart with Familiar Foods Through the Culturally Responsive Food Initiative
- Meet Kate Budd, Food Bank of the Rockies’ Mobile Pantries Representative