All 10 year old Garrett wanted for Christmas was a pair of new headphones, a giant cookie and for people to donate food to Food Bank. So for 3 weeks, with the help of his mom, he collected food from neighbors, friends, his hockey team and anyone else willing to donate. When he came to make his donation, Garrett collected enough to fill an entire wire bin. Thanks to his efforts, the 448 pounds he and his friends contributed will provide 373 meals for hungry people in our community! Garrett , we appreciate your generous spirit. Thank you for helping us feed hope this holiday season!! Do you have a generous kid in your life? Introduce them to our Kung Food Fighters Kids Club? It’s free, easy to join and has lots of ideas on ways kids can give back. Please visit our Kung Food Fighters Kids Club page to learn more.
The Best Request for Christmas
- Discovering Friendship While Volunteering: Meet Margaret and Debbie
- Filling the Gaps Post-COVID with the new FRESH Program
- The Pandemic May Be Waning, but Food Insecurity Remains
- Nourishing Body and Heart with Familiar Foods Through the Culturally Responsive Food Initiative
- Meet Kate Budd, Food Bank of the Rockies’ Mobile Pantries Representative