All 10 year old Garrett wanted for Christmas was a pair of new headphones, a giant cookie and for people to donate food to Food Bank. So for 3 weeks, with the help of his mom, he collected food from neighbors, friends, his hockey team and anyone else willing to donate. When he came to make his donation, Garrett collected enough to fill an entire wire bin. Thanks to his efforts, the 448 pounds he and his friends contributed will provide 373 meals for hungry people in our community! Garrett , we appreciate your generous spirit. Thank you for helping us feed hope this holiday season!! Do you have a generous kid in your life? Introduce them to our Kung Food Fighters Kids Club? It’s free, easy to join and has lots of ideas on ways kids can give back. Please visit our Kung Food Fighters Kids Club page to learn more.
The Best Request for Christmas
- New Partnership with Denver Broncos Foundation and Centura Health Helps Address Food Insecurity in Denver
- Providing Nourishment and Fostering Community on East Colfax
- Hunger Action Month 2023: Top Ways to Nourish Your Community
- Poverty Demographics: The Effects of Hunger on Different Age and Racial Groups
- Why is Food Security a Problem? It’s More Complicated than You May Realize.