Summer Lunches for Kidsfind-a-site-button

Summer Lunches for Kids

During the summer months, several locations across the state serve healthy school meals to children up to age 18.

The Summer Food Service Program, funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, offers “food that’s in when school is out.” Approved sites include schools, recreation centers, churches and other safe, community locations, and many offer activities for children, too. All children have equal access to services and facilities at the site regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.

What does a child need to do to receive a meal?

Kids Cafe

There are no income or registration requirements —any child, age 18 or younger, can simply show up during the scheduled serving times to receive a meal. All meals must be eaten at the site, and adults may not eat from a child’s meal.

Where can I find a site?

View the  interactive map to find a location near you!

How can my location become a summer meal site?

We are accepting applications now for summer food sites. Please contact Sheryl Stroup , Nutrition Network Manager, 303.375.5868, to learn more and receive an application.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.