USDA Programs


Food Bank of the Rockies administers three programs for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA): The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), the School Lunch Program (SLP), and the Commodities Supplemental Food Program (CSFP).


Partner agencies in 23 counties, including Denver, Adams, Jefferson, Elbert, Grand and Park, can contact Food Bank of the Rockies to determine their eligibility and sign up to receive TEFAP product. Product varies month-to-month and can include canned fruits and vegetables, starches such as rice or potatoes, juice, cereal, frozen meat and fresh produce. There is no charge to participate and all food is free to qualifying agencies. To learn more about TEFAP please contact us. If you’re not already an FBR partner agency, learn more here.


FBR distributes monthly food boxes to eligible seniors and families. Typical boxes may include canned fruits and vegetables, protein items like canned meat or peanut butter, cheese, juice, and cereals or grains. Families with infants will also receive baby formula. The box is designed to supplement the diets of those who qualify.

If you live in Denver County and are pregnant and/or have children age 5 and under and are not participating in the WIC program, or if you are 60 year or older and live in or around the Denver Metro area, you may be eligible to receive a commodity food box. Learn more about this program


Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.