Programs for Seniors

Programs for Seniors

No one should have to choose between food or medicine, between food or heat, between food or transportation. For some seniors living on low fixed incomes, this choice is a daily occurrence. Food Bank of the Rockies supplies seniors with needed nourishment.

Totes of Hope™ – Seniors

At several low-income senior housing centers throughout our service area, you can find distributions of totes each month. These totes are filled with items specifically designed for seniors and include fresh produce, frozen meat and low-sodium canned goods.

Managers at these centers have commented to us that this food makes a tremendous difference in the lives of these seniors, giving them that extra nourishment to get through the month.

Please contact us for more information about these programs.

Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)

Food Bank of the Rockies distributes monthly food boxes supplied by the USDA to seniors throughout our service area. These boxes are designed to supplement senior’s nutritional needs and require income and age qualifications. A typical box will contain non-perishable protein, powdered milk, juice, cereal and canned or dried fruits and vegetables. To learn more about this program, please visit our CSFP page.


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement