Hey Kids! We’re So Glad You’re Here!
Did you know nearly 1 out of every 4 kids in Colorado are hungry? These kids have houses, most of their parents have jobs and they go to school just like you. Unfortunately, don’t always have enough money to pay their bills, fill up their car with gas and buy food. Hunger is invisible but it affects kids in your neighborhood and even in your school.
YOU CAN HELP! Join Chop Suey and Chop Louie and become a Kung Food Fighter today! You’ll get our email newsletter about 8 times a year, so you can stay on top of all the activities and information we’re sharing exclusively to kids who want to help!
What Can YOU Do to Help Us Fight Hunger?
- One the the best ways you can help us is to collect funds. Every dollar provides four meals for hungry families, so even a quarter can become a life-saving meal for someone in need. Can you participate in our Quarters for Kids Campaign? Click here to learn more about Quarters for Kids and how you can get started.
- After you’ve collected your quarters, come and take a tour of Food Bank of the Rockies. We’d love to show you how we help and with your and your parents’ permission, we can take your photo and post the story of how you helped on our blog and in social media. Email us, firstname.lastname@example.org, to schedule your tour.
- If you’re 14 or 15, you can volunteer with a parent or adult guardian. If you’re at least 16, you can volunteer on your own! Click here to learn more about volunteering.
- You can host a virtual food drive and ask your family and friends to donate – all donations are collected safely online. You can personalize your drive with a photo and message. You can even send email invitations and customized email thank you’s to everyone who participates. Click here to get started.
- Consider presenting a class project on hunger and teach your classmates about what kids can do to help.
- Read Chop Suey & Chop Louie’s hunger fighting blog! Click here to check it out! And if you have a story about how you’ve helped, please share it with us. We love to hear how kids are giving back. Email email@example.com.
- Check out these Fun Kung Food Fighting Activities!
Why don’t we list hosting a non-perishable food drive here?
Food Bank of the Rockies is a pretty amazing shopper and gets food donated from large grocery stores, manufacturers, farmers and restaurants. Sometimes we buy food, but we can purchase at the same cost the groceries do because we buy food by the truckload. Since we can stretch a dollar to become four meals or five pounds of food, we encourage you to consider donating even a very small amount of money. Each quarter becomes a meal (more than a pound of food ) and our Quarters for Kids page has lots of ideas on how you can raise a few dollars to help and even have fun or help others while you do it.
We also encourage you to clean out your pantry twice a year and donate nutritious, non-perishable food you are not going to eat to the 9Cares Colorado Shares food drive, held in June and November each year. We never want to see good food go to waste, and this is the best way to donate food you’ve already purchased. But instead of going to the store and buying food to give to us, if you let us do the shopping, your hard-earned funds will go so much further to help our hungry neighbors.
Chop Louie and Chop Suey are excited to fight hunger and feed hope with you. Join the club and become a Kung Food Figher TODAY! It’s free!