Food Bank of the Rockies is a GREAT place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a nourishing work environment with paid time off, health, dental and 401K benefits. When we have available positions, they are posted below. Email resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Kids Cafe Site Coordinator
Reports To: Culinary Services Manager
Location and hours: Owens Boys and Girls Club- 3480 W. Kentucky Ave., Denver CO, 80219- Mon-Fri.- 3:30pm-6:30pm
Johnson B&GC- Mon-Fri.- 3325 W. 16th Ave., Denver CO, 80204-4:30pm-6:30pm
Has full responsibility for maintaining one site and serving meals to “at-risk” children. This includes record keeping and attendance roster for Government required reports.
Work and partner with the on-site program meal director and volunteers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve children and organize your assigned site daily.
- Provide the site (for the meal only):
- With FBR designated supplies and serving equipment;
- Keep strict adherence to “meal time” schedule and allow for meal prep;
- Clear, wipe down and straighten all tables in the meal area
- Clean the meal prep/serving area after each meal is served.
- Meet USDA, Health Department, and Kids Cafe standards:
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting the daily counts of children fed by using Pick Sheet and Daily Attendance Roster;
- Daily provide reports to an appointed NN staff member.
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with the Kids Cafe program meal site director, who provides day-to-day oversight, assistance and guidance.
- Serve as a role model and positive mentor to all the site’s children.
- Attend necessary trainings as provided and/or conducted by Nutrition Network staff and/or selected vendors.
- Maintain all appropriate equipment and assist with site supply inventory.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience
This job requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Person must be at least 18 years.
Skills and Abilities
Good communication and people skills
Ability to mentor young children
Ability to speak and write in English
Stand for 2 to 3 hours.