Food Bank of the Rockies is a GREAT place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a nourishing work environment with paid time off, health, dental and 401K benefits. When we have available positions, they are posted below. Email resume to email@example.com
Development Associate — Wyoming Food Bank of the Rockies (Casper, WY)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Write (create “boiler plate” proposals) and edit grant proposals according to grant requirements and time submission guidelines. Compile required pieces using guidelines for proper format and design. Prior to submission, review with Director. Ensure that submission is timely in accordance with time frames provided.
2. In collaboration with Director, assist in developing methods for ensuring compliance with grant requirements and evaluate program outcomes,
3. Responsible for creation, maintenance & analysis of mailing lists of Direct Mail Campaign:
• Entry of donor information into specialized donor database and maintenance of same;
• Responsible for generating thank you letters to donors on a weekly basis and coordinating all large mailings with volunteer department for assistance;
• Create reports for Director and Accounting Manager;
• Participate in donor prospect research and assemble a data base on each using basic prospect research techniques. This includes individual, association, foundation and corporation prospects.
• Proof all mail copies before submitting to WYFBR Director for approval and then direct mail provider.
4. Assist in the creation of all fundraising and marketing opportunity packets including event sponsorships and informational brochures.
• Assist in efforts to ensure consistent communication of food bank brand/message via newsletters, e-communications, Annual Report, website, presentations, etc.
5. Assists with other duties as needed.
Skills and Abilities
Preferred one year experience as a grant writer for a non-profit organization
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point & Mail Merge
Self-motivated, self-sufficient and able to perform duties with minimal supervision