Food Bank of the Rockies is a GREAT place to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a nourishing work environment with paid time off, health, dental and 401K benefits. When we have available positions, they are posted below. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Kitchen Coordinator
Reports to: Culinary Services Manager
Salary Range/Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Frequency of Pay: Bi-Weekly
Base Wages Paid: $11.27/hr – $16.90/hr
Coordinates all activities in kitchen and prepare food according to industry standards for proper product handling, storage, sanitation requirements. Responsible for the inventory levels and controls and maintenance of all production and work records associated with those functions. Utilizes volunteers to prepare food daily & train regarding health & safety standards and maintains cooperative & cordial relations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Under supervision of Executive Chef, assists in preparation of all Kids Cafe meals (up to 2500/day) with adherence to industry standards for proper product handling.
- Trains and oversees volunteers in all aspects of kitchen activities:
- Sanitation Standards
- Food Industry regulations
- Product handling
- Food Storage
Food and Supplies
- Maintain production and work records
- Maintain running inventory of food and supplies
- Inventory Control
- Puts away orders
- Check quantity and quality of received supplies.
- Estimate materials and/or labor requirements
- Inspect facilities and/or equipment for regulatory compliance and safety
Other Duties as assigned and/or delegated
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in an oral and written manner
Tactful and diplomatic manner in dealing with people
Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
Familiar with Food Safety & Handling Regulations
Must demonstrate ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Proficiency with computer and ability to work with internal programs
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods, lift 50lbs. frequently, bending, and twisting at the waist.
Education and Experience
Five years’ experience as a cook
Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers.
Experience with large quantity cooking and commercial kitchens
Job Title: Warehouse Worker
Reports to: Operation Manager
Salary Range: $14.00 hour
Base Wage/Status: Hourly, Full-time
Train and direct volunteer worker.to pull and distribute product orders for non-profit agencies. Ensure maximum and accurate inventory is available. Assures a smooth and fair distribution process. Replenish distribution bins.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pull Lines
- Keep pull-lines full; restack and rearrange product for maximum efficiency
- Restock as needed
- Re-arrange for maximum efficiency.
- Monitor pull-line area, making sure that only designated people are present, i.e. FBR staff and volunteers.
- Verify pull line and work with Inventory Specialists to ensure accuracy
- Research inventory to verify zero s.
- Assist pulling product from warehouse for pull-line
- Volunteer Coordination
- Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure adequate numbers of volunteers to handle daily orders
- Meet with volunteers and to train for distribution and pulling procedures.
- Coordinate volunteers during distribution.
- Ensure timely pulling of large delivery orders in order of importance.
- Reinforce safe work behavior of volunteers.
- Check Orders prior to them being wrapped
- Keep area clean and neat at all times.
- Assist with inventory accuracy.
- Report unusual activity to appropriate managers.
- Secure distribution area at end of each shift and at end of work day.
- Sign all temperature logs am and pm
- Perform work in a safe manner
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent. Computerized Warehouse Inventory System.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer literate (Excel, Outlook).Attention to detail. Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast pace setting. Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally & written). Able to lift up to 60 pounds occasionally and 50 pounds regularity. Must be able to stand for long periods.